5210 is a community-wide plan to improve the health of families and children. The 5210 message represents four healthy behaviors you can achieve each day. Your wellness is important to us and the children you serve, so if you are looking for a way to improve your wellness this may be a great opportunity for you!
USD 475 is using this wellness campaign to launch its first wellness challenge of the year. Participants will receive a weekly email sharing the rationale and importance of adopting these behaviors.
In an effort to capitalize on our district wellness meeting this week we’d like to postpone the 5210 Wellness Challenge for a few weeks to allow wellness representatives an opportunity to promote this campaign within their building. This means the timetable would change to:
- Last Day to enroll – October 12th
- First Day of the 5210 Wellness Challenge – Sunday, October 14th
- Last Day of the Challenge – Saturday, November 3rd
- Last Day to submit monthly logs to email@example.com – Tuesday, November 6th @ 8:00 AM.
- Drawing on Wednesday, November 7th @ 8:00 AM
- Designate a wellness category you want to improve for one month.
- In order to qualify for the door prize drawings in your category, you must meet the criteria EACH DAY during the challenge.
- If you qualify in more than one area you’ll be eligible for MORE door prizes!
- There will be special recognition for participants with the highest point total
What is 5210?
5= 5 servings of fruits and vegetables
One serving of fruits and vegetables is 1 medium fruit, 1/2 cup of chopped, canned, or cooked fruit, 1/4 cup of druid fruit, 1 cup of raw leafy greens, 1/2 cup of raw or cooked vegetables, 1/2 cup of 100% fruit or vegetable juice
2=2 or FEWER hours of recreational screen time
Recreational screen time is free time spent sitting or reclining in front of televisions, computers, tablets, and similar screens.
1=1 or more hours of physical activity
Physical activity is any movement of the body that raises on’s heart rate above resting.
0=0 Sweetened beverages
Sweetened beverages are fruit drinks, sodas, sports drinks, and other beverages with caloric sweeteners like sugars and syrups.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Joe Handlos at JoeHandlos@usd475.org