The following items are meant to update the community on the progress of the new Junction City High School.
Rezoning. A public hearing for the rezoning of the JC Addition property is scheduled by the Metropolitan Planning Commission on Thursday, July 12th at 5:15 PM in the Emergency Management Building, 236 East 8th ST.
Heavy Impact Aid (HIA).
- The District is in receipt of vouchers reflecting an incoming payment of over $13M.
- The payout is higher than expected due to the Federal release of a higher percentage than the traditional withhold.
- Once received, the District will have nearly $58M of the target ~$67M required for the JCHS project. The District should easily hit its target as promised.
Design Development. SJCF will meet with the JCHS Design team in mid-July to review the adequacy of classroom configurations/layout.
- The site is being developed in a CAD system with a ossiblep development of 3D concepts in late July or Aug timeframe.
- Evaluating site grading to minimize the amount of dirt to be moved during construction is taking place.
- Preliminary discussions are being held on the design of mechanical systems.