The Kansas Association of School Boards (KASB) in conjunction with the Kansas School Public Relations Association (KanSPRA) conducts a publication and electronic media contest each Fall. The contest recognizes the top publications produced by Kansas school districts and vocational-technical schools. The newly renamed (formerly Communications) Marketing & Media Relations Department of USD 475 was awarded for the following publications:
- JCHS Class of 2017 Graduation: Audio/Video
- 2017/2018 USD 475 Secretary Information Handbook: Calendar/Handbook
- JCHS Way Forward Key Facts Trifold: Marketing Materials/Special Purpose Publications
- Swinging with Joy Photograph: Photo/Photo Series
- connectED: Websites/Social Media
Congratulations to the Marketing and Media Relations (Communications) Department on these achievements.
Throughout the year members of the Marketing and Media Relations Department work with local media outlets to gain coverage of Geary County Schools. The team of three also works to provide the district with professional marketing services, public relations and crisis communication, digital and social media services, event planning, and more.