Every year the USD 475 Art Teachers collect student art to display during the spring.
The talent in this district is simply amazing. It is always a joy to see what the students are capable of creating. -Lizabeth Rosewicz, USD 475 Art Teacher
This year the Art Show and Auction was held April 7th, April 8th, and April 9th. All those in attendance were given the opportunity to silently bid on student artwork. The minimum bid was $20 and 60% of the sale went directly back to the student artist. The remaining 40% went to the Geary Community Schools Foundation to provide scholarships to student artists.
Awards were given for Best of Show and Honorable Mention to secondary and elementary students. Secondary teachers selected those winners at the elementary level and elementary teachers selected those winners at the secondary level.
Elementary School Level
- Makenzie Gilgannon, 4th grade, Ware Elementary – Best of Show
- Lily Carroll, 4th grade, Jefferson Elementary – Honorable Mention
- Carolina-Otero Miranda, 5th grade, Morris Hill Elementary – Honorable Mention
- Dean McKay, 5th grade, Fort Riley Elementary – Honorable Mention
Middle School Level
- Juan Solis, 6th Grade, Fort Riley Middle School – Best of Show
- Faith Gibson, 6th Grade, Fort Riley Middle Sschool – Honorable Mention
- Sierra Stage, 7th Grade, Fort Riley Middle School – Honorable Mention
- Morgan Muirhead, 8th grade, Junction City Middle School – Honorable Mention